With only about ten days to go before the exam, Year 12 English and EAL students need to reflect on the preparation they have done so far and ask themselves: is it enough?
Answer the following questions and, if the answer to any of them is ‘no’, do something about it!
1. Have you re-read or viewed your Section A text?
2. Have you learnt some key quotes?
3. Have you practised brainstorming lots of text response topics?
4. Have you practised writing text response essays in one hour only?
5. Do you have some ideas for Section B: Writing in Context?
6. Have you chosen your text for this section and skimmed through it?
7. Have you brainstormed lots of prompts for Context writing?
8. Have you practised writing a Context piece in one hour only?
9. Have you practised writing language analysis essays in one hour only?
10. Have you sorted your notes and essays into exam sections, keeping only what you will read and study during the next 10 days and throwing out the rest?
ADVICE FOR EXAM SUCCESS IS COMING NEXT WEEK.